Sunday, July 24, 2011

I've lost my desire to cook

So.  Until about 4 months ago, I loved to cook and bake.  Not sure what happened.  But that love has gone.  I hope it's just temporary.  If you know where it is, please let me know.  I will cook now.  But the enjoyment I used to experience just isn't there.  It feels more like a chore than a hobby.  I no longer plan out the week's meals and meticulously create, edit, and re-edit my shopping list.  My husband and I have a list of restaurants we visit regularly, and those we haven't yet been to.  Though we do adventure to downtown Philadelphia restaurants from time to time, we mainly enjoy our meals in the burbs.  (My husband prefers to stay uptown during the weekends since he commutes downtown during the week.)  This blog is a place where you can read about our favorites, as well those places we will be experiencing for the first time.  I try to stay away from big, commercial chains, but may occasionally break that rule.  I look for places where the food is consistently great, the service is personal, and the atmosphere is non-generic.

No comments:

Post a Comment